Friday, January 28, 2011

Eggs! Eggs! More Eggs!

What do you do when you are overcome with eggs from your lovely ladies? Why you can always make pasta! I made several kinds last week.
First you put 2 cups flour in a bowl. Make a well in the center. Add 1 1/2 tsp salt & 2 eggs. Mix with a heavy fork. As it comes together in a ball take it out & knead it until smooth & elastic. You don't want it to be too sticky so if you need to add a small amount of flour.

Next you roll the dough out to about 1/8 inch thick.
Next I lay my dough out on flour sack towels to dry briefly. Usually until I am done rolling out the other dough. The it is time to decide what shape pasta you are going to make! This is the fun part! I have several pictures of different shapes that I made last week. You can make almost anythign that you can buy with the exception of the tube pasta unless you have a pasta maker with those attachments.

Ravioli cutter


Finished ravioli.


Cutting egg noodles.


Tortellini


Finished egg noodles.

I usually let them dry for a couple of hours. Then I either cook them or freeze them. They make the best home made chicken noodle soup!! Yummy!!




1 comment:

cmccaffery said...

thanks for posting this info! I've always wanted to make pasta, and it looks SO easy!
Connie
www.NatureMaiden.com