Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Irises & Spinach

The irises were just beautiful despite the lack of rain!


Here is one of mine!
It is a really pale yellow!


I love to plant flowers that come up every year! It gives me something to look forward to when spring arrives!  Every year I add more & hope to eventually just sit back (haha) & watch the color show!


I am experimenting with spinach today. I have picked a large bowlful & know we won't get it all eaten today so I am going to attempt to freeze it! I know that it can be done because you can buy it that way at the store. I have consulted my Rodale's Putting Food By book & it says to blanch it for 2 minutes then cool quickly & freeze. I hope it works because we both like spinach!

2 Samuel 22:31 As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless, He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.

No comments: