Thursday, June 21, 2012

We Got Some!

We got some lovely rain last night! Everything is so nice & green this morning! I made the rounds in the garden & picked some lettuce for supper but had to stay out of most of the rows due to the wonderful mud!!

The asparagus is doing great even though it has been dry. The male plants are putting out seed pods. I collect these after they are dried & red to plant for next year! I have had great luck starting it from seed. I don't cut anything off them for a couple of years but am enlarging my bed every year!
Here is a picture of them green. They will turn bright red when they are ready to harvest.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

No comments: