Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Quick Mix Recipe #2

This recipe uses yesterdays quick mix for pancakes. It is called Nevada's pancakes.

Nevada's Pancakes

2 1/4 cups Quick Mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk or water

Combine Quick Mix and sugar in medium sized bowl.
Mix well.
Combine egg & liquid in a small bowl & beat together.
Add all at once to the dry ingredients.
Blend well.
Let stand 5-10 minutes.
Cook on hot oiled griddle about 3-4 minutes until lightly browned on both sides.
Makes 10-12 4 inch pancakes.

Variation:
Nevada's Waffles

Bake batter in oiled preheated waffle iron til golden brown. Makes 3 large waffles.

Enjoy! That's what's for supper at our house tonight!

2 comments:

Linda Stubbs said...

I am sooooo excited about this. Think of the time, money and numiness that I will have available to me. I like waffles with fresh strawberries and homemade whip cream with powder sugar instead of regular sugar.

Thank you so for making Building Our Homes Together so much fun.

Hugs, Linda

Heather's Blog-o-rama said...

OH, this is awesome :) :) It looks so easy..and now I'll have to look at your previous post, so I can see the recipe for "quickmix" :) I'm visiting from Linda's blog over at Prairie Flower Farm. I'm also participating in the "Building Our Homes Together" series :) :) Have a great rest of the week. Love and hugs from Oregon, Heather :)